The Far-Fallen Apple

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Life is Like a River

Despite everything that you may be going through, as much as it seems that your world has stopped spinning, everything else around you just keeps flowing on. That's a bit of a harsh realization that hit me hard recently. David actually said almost exactly that, having no clue that I was pondering it due to my bible study.
This past week we were studying miracles and of all Biblical miracles mine is in Matthew 8:23-24 when Jesus is on a boat with his disciples and a storm comes. With just a word, He stops the storm and calms the waves. Wow. That is truly amazing in and of itself, but when I read it, I can't help but think of the figurative along with the literal. Jesus can calm storms-real thunder and lightening storms-with a word, a gesture, a glance. Imagine what he can do to the storms in our lives.
I remember both these things, holding them close to my heart, when ever I feel like the water is rising and the world has stopped spinning. With a glance, I'm safely at the feet of Jesus.

1 Comments:

  • "time and time again your truth is drown out by the storm im in." Jesus, he stops it all, and keeps us in his arms. I'm glad youre alright.

    By Blogger David, At July 16, 2008 at 9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home