The Far-Fallen Apple

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Everything that's been held inside.

Well, it's over. He spoke the words and now it's over. We were supposed to fall asleep in each other's arms tonight. Now it's over. I'm breaking inside. I wonder if he felt it. I swear the sound of my heart tearing apart shook the world. Maybe I'm being dramatic. Maybe I'm allowed to be. Six months, thrown away. Was it me? Was it him? Was there someone else? I can just see him kissing her. She probably tasted better than me. I can feel him touching her skin. Probably softer than mine. I'm not okay. I have frizzy hair, I'm always breaking out, I complain about my weight, I only shave when I plan on wearing shorts, I sometimes forget to brush my teeth. I'm easily replaceable. Do you think he knows I miss him? How could he not? I would scream it from the rooftops if I could, but I have no voice left from screaming to myself. And so the tears pour again. I can't hold it all inside anymore. I wanted to spare you all, but it was slowly killing me from the inside out. I feel empty. I feel like it's over. It's over. Words I thought I would never hear. But that's it. They've been said. Is it really over? Was it me? Was it him? Was it her?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home