The Far-Fallen Apple

Monday, March 2, 2009

This Is My Closet

The cat’s thin body slinked along the mantle, weaving in between portraits of a
smiling family, now unrecognizable; the most recent being from 5 years ago. A
noise in the distant spooked him from his trance, a flick of the tail sending
one of the portraits flying. Shattered on the floor, amidst a dust collected
from weeks of “lazy days,” my eyes stared out. They were blank then, red from
crying just minutes before the flash of the camera. I didn’t know it then, but
that was my closet. I hid in it well, locked inside myself. No one had a
clue.

Possibly the best story I've ever written. I don't want to post the whole thing just yet. Maybe when it's finished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home