The Far-Fallen Apple

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

An Apology of Sorts.

It's not hard to see, I'm not over you. I miss your kiss, the lure of your arms. I miss the way your lips formed "I love you." I miss how you could make me laugh out of my own frustration. I miss the way we aced like we were already married, reminders to bring my retainer case. I miss just getting in the car and driving, knowing that all I could ever want was in the seat next to me. I miss how we loved the same music. I miss how you would hold me when I was sick. I miss the way you looked at me that always made me cry. But mostly I miss you and I miss being your girl. You knew me better than everyone else, I opened up and let you in. I fell in love with you. I know now what my mistakes were. I should've told you how much I loved your voice. I should've shown you just how much I needed you. I shouldn't have rushed things. I should have talked instead of argued. It's true that you never know what you've got until it's gone, and now you're gone. I want to fight for you, but I don't stand a chance against her. I can't compare. She's everything I could never be. She's the manifestationof sexy, cool, and addictive. I just want to know I'm on your mind. To know that a little piece of you misses me would give me the momentum to start the battle. Maybe it's not meant to be, but I can't shake this urge to see. I spent everyday in your arms. I don't want to leave that behind. I loved it more than anything. You wouldn't believe the sacrifices I would make to feel it again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home