The Far-Fallen Apple

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Positive Post Tuesday

A little wired on caffiene so bear with me.

Today was my first real day at SBC (Borders Cafe). I rocked it. It really feels like a good fit. I'm a fast learner, which helped a lot. I actually ended up helping the two other trainees and making drinks for real customers while Tiffany trained on the cash register. I found out I make really good raspberry lattes. I can' believe how much God blessed me with this opportunity. Also, today was a real faith-test for me, but I am still holding on strong. In fact, I feel closer to God than I have in a long time. I found a song that helps me battle me fears: "Daddy's Little Girl" by KJ-52. You see, my big fear is that I'm not good enough, but this song reminds me that I'm beautiful and I'll always be my Daddy's little girl. This music is truly a blessing. It's nice to know that someone understands. This one is hard for me to write, but it was truly a highlight of my day. I explained in an earlier blog, that my response to hardship is cutting. Today I prayed and found in God the strength to put the blade away. I can honestly say that despite the strongest urges, I am cut-free. Well, I think that's all I've got. Oh yes, I've been reuniting with old friends and actually found out that the girl I've been praying for has been improving dramatically. Glory to God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home