The Far-Fallen Apple

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Postive Post Tuesday

So, here's the thing about this whole "Postive Post Tuesday:" Micah recommended that from now on I force myself to post one postive blog a week. Although it seems silly, this may be the hardest thing I ever do. I am not a positive person. But here goes nothing. The first Postive Post Tuesday blog.

Last night Re:Action was pretty amazing. It wasn't a "normal" meeting, whatever that would be, but we opened up and truly prayed and worshipped. Worship was definitely emotional for me. I have been losing my voice the past few days and I knew I was singing so I was really worried about that. My daily Bible verse actually had to do with praising the Lord through song and music. I kept it in my mind whenever I got nervous about singing. Well, 6:30 rolls around and I expected to not even be able to speak, but when I opened my mouth the music just poured out. Not the best ever, but I did it. It was an answered prayer for sure. It was so reassuring to see how close all of us at Re:Action have gotten. Lately I've felt like my friends are slipping away, but last night I actually felt like part of the group. It was amazing. I'll be honest, I've lost a lot of my fire, but God has continued to show himself to me. It's just so comforting to know that he's there even when I fall away.


Okay, so it's not the longest or most positive post ever, but it's a good start.

:)

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home