The Far-Fallen Apple

Monday, December 15, 2008

All Hail the Heartbreaker

You wonder why I miss him. It's an easy explanation. You see, we had a heaven and hell relationship: he gave me heaven and I put him through hell. Now the tables have turned. Sure, I don't have streets of gold, but I treated you like God. And now we're done. Don't worry, the ring is tucked away in your package. I should've known when you believed the gossip over me. The truth? When he looks at me, for once, I feel like the prettiest girl in the room. The truth? He doesn't just call me princess, he treats me like one. The truth? I'm glad I don't run into him anywhere because I know that I would just want to be in his arms again. It doesn't hurt knowing that he's out with another girl. What hurts is that I gave him up for you. You were never worth it. And once again I'm back to square one; lifeless, broken, and alone. Once again, my friends chose him over me. Glad I can trust you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home